Remember that classic look of radios from the late 80s and 90s? Relive the past in three colors along with the ability to stream from your Bluetooth device. That’s right, the Geneva WorldRadio lets you listen to FM, wakes you up, belts out Pandora via your smartphone, and even supports DAB+ if you are in Europe. It’s a bit on the pricey side at $300 but it sure is versatile and stylish.
Looking to spew music, audio from your video off your Camera Roll, or even from your Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad? Well, dude, you’re in luck because TuneLink Home is here and it’s pretty much amazing. More than just a way to get audio from your iOS device but also an amazing universal remote the TuneLink Home is very much worth a look and a purchase if not finding high placement on your Christmas list. Read the review and find out why.
SuperTooth was assteemed the Car Accessory of the Year award by iLounge for it’s SuperTooth HD Bluetooth hands-free device. As reported here on SvenOnTech, the HD unit has superb sound and amazing staying power with its 20 hours of talk-time and up to 1,000 hours of standby. The visor mounted HD stays out of your way and points the speaker toward your ears. All around, good stuff and iLounge agrees.
SuperTooth HD Awarded ‘Car Accessory of the Year’ by iLounge
Recognized as the best Bluetooth speakerphone on the market with strong sound quality and ability to post messages on social networks via voice, the SuperTooth HD appears in the 2012 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide
Nebias, France – November 2, 2011 – SuperTooth, leading manufacturer worldwide of Bluetooth speakerphones, just received distinction for its HD which was named ‘Car Accessory of the Year’ by the preeminent Apple authority iLounge, a distinction published in the 2012 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide which went live November 1st.
“Of all the car accessories we tested for iPhones and iPods in 2011, SuperTooth HD was a real standout,” said Jeremy Horwitz, Editor-in-Chief of iLounge. “Excellent sound quality, a great industrial design, and impressive speech recognition technology made it worthy of our Car Accessory of the Year Award.”
“We couldn’t be more excited to receive this award from iLounge,” said Yves Le Reun, SuperTooth’s Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “We first debuted the SuperTooth HD in March and it continues to receive accolades for its unique design and ability to communicate on social networks via voice.”
According to the 2012 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide, the SuperTooth HD is described as:
“The current visor-mounted speakerphone champion has Bluetooth 3.0 support, a rechargeable battery with 20 to 1,000 hours of run time, and the strongest sound quality we’ve heard from a device like this. Novel is an optional, subscription-based Siri-like speech to text service for all iPhones, turning your voice into SMS, email, Twitter or Facebook posts; it can read new messages to you, too. Even without this feature, it’s a very powerful pick… This easy-to-use $129 model redefined ‘premium’ features with strong audio quality and Siri-like voice controls that work even without an iPhone 4S. A very nice advance.”
To read the iLounge 2012 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide, visit www.iLounge.com.
The SuperTooth HD is available now on SuperToothStore.com for $129. To learn more about the SuperTooth HD, visit www.supertooth.net/EN/HD/ and watch the video here supertooth.dial2do.com/home/learn_more.
To learn more about SuperTooth products, visit SuperTooth.net and follow SuperTooth on facebook.com/SuperToothFB and Twitter @supertoothkits.
SuperTooth, headquartered in Nebias, France, is the world leading manufacturer of Bluetooth speakerphones and portable accessories. In 2004, SuperTooth created the concept of a Bluetooth speakerphone that could be clipped onto a car’s sun visor. The company prides itself on being the only manufacturer of speakerphones owning its own factory, managing and operating the entire production and supply chain – from initial designs and concepts, to the manufacturing and packaging. Today SuperTooth has grown into the bestselling speakerphone brand in Europe with a 70% market share, continuing to expand its international presence in more than 35 countries. For further information, please visit: www.SuperTooth.net.
SuperTooth, creator of the concept of a Bluetooth speakerphone that could be clipped onto a car’s sun visor, is launching the SuperTooth HD this year – the most advanced Bluetooth speakerphone on the market, with three times more power than other models and the ability to communicate on social networks all via voice commands.
“Using wireless devices in the car has been identified as the leading source of driver’s not paying attention on the road, with cell phone use increasing the likelihood of crashes fourfold,” said Yves Le Reun, Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “The SuperTooth HD gives consumers a hands-free solution to talk and text on their phones so they can abide by the law and focus on driving.”
Boasting Twin Speaker V Array Technology, the SuperTooth HD features two speakers with a 5 watt audio output and a 5.4 watt amplifier, making it three times more powerful than any other speakerphone. The built-in dual microphones pick up voices more clearly. Together, these advanced audio features produce unrivaled audio quality in both emission and reception.
State-of-the-art voice commands are designed to provide a hands-free solution for phone use to make the driving experience safer. Using just voice commands, drivers can answer incoming calls, select pre-dialed phone numbers, check battery level or retrieve voicemail. The SuperTooth Handsfree Assistant feature allows drivers to compose and send Facebook, Twitter, e-mail and SMS messages all via voice. The SuperTooth HD can also read incoming SMS and e-mail messages on Android and Blackberry phones via the specific application. The SuperTooth Handsfree Assistant is powered by Dial2Do.
The SuperTooth HD is compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled phones, including iPhones, Blackberrys and other smartphones with an Android OS or Windows Mobile operating system.
No installation is required – just clip the SuperTooth HD onto a sun visor, pair it with the phone and enjoy comfortable and safe phone calls while driving. A USB cable and in-car charger is also included.
The SuperTooth HD will be available in April 2011 for MSRP $129 at department, specialty and mobile phone stores nationwide.
Readers of SvenOnTech will know my love for anything AKG and Harman continues to bring more of the audiophile love to the States with two new wireless headphones. The K830BT is a Bluetooth headphone that gives you simple play, pause, forward, back, volume, and call answer and hangup remote capabilities. Like the K840KL, it belts out sweet music to your ears via its over the ear headphones. While the K830BT uses compression to get the music to your dome, the K840KL uses, “Kleer wireless technology features CD-quality sound with uncompressed 16-bit, 44.1kHz audio reproduction”. Read the release below for more on the goodness.
HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE: HAR), today announced the availability of two new wireless headphones, the AKG K 830 BT and AKG K 840 KL. Running through the airport, catching the next conference call or listening to the latest tunes on the plane will be a much more pleasant and stress-free experience with the new AKG® wireless headphones.
Perfect for the constant jetsetter who takes calls on the run yet enjoys listening to tunes on the train, the K 830 BT features Bluetooth® technology and is compatible with iPod and iPhone models, and other Bluetooth portable players. For the audiophile who wants to lose himself in music without being bound by a cord, the K 840 KL features Kleer® wireless technology and streams lossless CD-quality audio over the air from iPod and iPhone models, or other portable music players. Both pairs of headphones feature a proprietary 3D-Axis2 folding headband for a comfortable fit without pinching or ear fatigue.
The ear-cup-mounded control on the K 830 BT headphones allows users to raise and lower volume, and answer and end phone calls, and can play, pause or skip music tracks. Users can leave their source device safely in a pocket, backpack or briefcase while on the go with up to eight hours of playback time between charges. A directional microphone, also on the ear cup, eliminates the need for a boom mic.
The K 840 KL headphones deliver pure, uncompressed 16-bit stereo audio over a robust 2.4 GHz radio link, allowing listeners to immerse themselves in the music with virtually no interference. With these mini on-ear headphones, users can freely move as far as 65 feet from the audio source and still enjoy high-quality sound. For added convenience, users can adjust the volume on the actual ear cup, as with the K 830 BTs. The K 840 KLs also feature an extended battery life of up to two weeks in normal use.
“Phone charger, laptop AC adapter, iPod headphones – we have too many cords in our lives,” said David Slump, president, HARMAN Consumer Division. “AKG is proud to introduce innovative products that continue to bring studio-quality sound to every ear for a portable and more seamless experience in our everyday lives.”
The AKG K 830 BT mini on-ear headphones featuring Bluetooth technology are available now for $249 at www.harmanaudio.com/AKG830BT. The AKG K 840 KL mini headphones featuring Kleer wireless technology are available now for $299 at www.harmanaudio.com/AKG840KL.
AKG K 830 BT Features
· Bluetooth wireless technology streams music and phone calls from any Bluetooth device
· Volume, music and phone controls on-ear cup limit the need to interact with source device
· Directional microphone on-ear cup offers compact design while eliminating the need for a boom mic
· Comfortable fit enables hours of continuous listening with no pinching or ear fatigue
· 3D-Axis2 folding headband folds compactly for easy portability
· Long battery life includes up to eight hours of playback time between charges
AKG K 840 KL Features
· Kleer wireless technology features CD-quality sound with uncompressed 16-bit, 44.1kHz audio reproduction
· Extended battery life gives listeners more playback time and less downtime with up to two weeks between charges with normal use
· Extended operating range offers more freedom of movement, working more than 65 feet from the audio source
· Comfortable fit allows for hours of continuous use with no pinching or ear fatigue
· Passive noise reduction effectively seals out most ambient sounds for undisturbed listening
· 3D-Axis2 headband folds to fit into a compact hard carrying case for easy portability
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 20 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 11,800 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported sales of $3.5 billion for the 12 months ended December 31, 2010. The company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.
AltiGen Communications, Inc. (Pinksheets:ATGN) (OTCQX:ATGN), the leading provider of software-based Unified Communications solutions, today introduced the iFusion SmartStation, a revolutionary new docking station for the iPhone, at Macworld 2011 in San Francisco, CA.
Using Bluetooth technology, the iFusion extends a traditional telephone handset and hands-free speakerphone with amazing voice clarity to the iPhone. With the iFusion, you have easy access to a dock connector port for syncing or charging, and an audio line out port for connecting to powered speakers via an optional audio cable, eliminating the need for a separate dock. With support for A2DP Bluetooth streaming, users are able to enjoy their favorite iPhone music over the internal speakerphone.
“This breakthrough device provides the ultimate desktop experience,” said Niel Levonius, AltiGen’s Director of Corporate Strategy. “Offering optimal comfort, convenience and style, the iFusion has been designed to complement the look and feel of Apple products, while meeting the demanding requirements of today’s iPhone users.”
The iFusion offers numerous benefits to home and business users:
- An ergonomic handset and speakerphone provides a traditional desk phone experience
- iPhone dock connector for syncing and charging
- Bluetooth A2DP streaming allows users to enjoy their favorite iPhone music over the internal speakerphone
- Audio line out port for connecting to powered speakers via an optional audio cable
- Clean industrial engineering designed to compliment Apple products.
“Macworld 2011 is the one place that showcases the creativity, enthusiasm and genius of the Apple developers, as well as the wide variety of new accessories available for Apple users,” said Paul Kent, Vice President and General Manager of Macworld 2011. “We are excited to be a key launch partner for AltiGen’s iFusion docking station, a groundbreaking iPhone accessory for home and business users.”
Pricing & Availability
iFusion will be available in the US in April 2011. Two models, in glossy white and glossy black finishes will be priced at $169.
Preorders will be accepted, beginning January 27th, 2011 at www.thefusionphone.com
Technical Product Information
iFusion includes support for the Apple iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4. Bluetooth 2.1 EDR wireless technologies, Apple Dock Connector, USB 2.0 pass through port for device synching to your Mac/PC, and 3.5mm stereo output for Bluetooth A2DP wireless music streaming.
The “band” is a wearable body monitor system from BodyMedia that, “Uses four unique sensors to track thousands and thousands of data readings, outputting them to show you your calories burned, steps taken, physical activity and sleep duration and efficiency.” The armband contains a Bluetooth radio allowing it to connect to your iPhone or Android-based phone to update the monitor application. With the application and a portal website to gather all your food and activity, you will be able to fine tune your daily intake and workout to insure you are on the right track to losing weight.
The BodyMedia FIT Armband BW, available at www.bodymedia.com, retails for $249.00, while subscriptions for the BodyMedia FIT Activity Manager vary by length; a one-month subscription costs $12.95, a six-month subscription costs $9.95 a month, and a 12-month subscription costs $6.95 a month.
Finalist for the Bluetooth.org’s 6th Annual Best of CES 2011 Awards – Innovator of the Year (winner to be announced at CES), iGrill’s Bluetooth-enabled grilling thermometer has garnered the attention of Apple, who choose the product to participate in Apple’s Made For iPod, iPhone, iPad Developers’ Program. Apple saw the potential of a device that is so perfectly paired with their product line and features a seamlessly integrated, feature-rich App. Because of Apple’s open architecture, iDevices was able to develop a free App designed to not only enhance the iGrill experience, but also the cooking experience itself.
iGrill Thermometer Features:
•Bluetooth®-enabled with 200 foot+ range.
•Compatible with iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.
• Features touch interface and projection display.
•Integrated probe storage.
•Multiple positions for extra flexibility and easy storage: standing, laying and hanging.
•Capable of tracking temperatures up to 400°F (204°C).
iGrill App Features:
•Food temperature option.
•Shows remaining cooking-time.
•Multiple view options.
“We are extremely excited by the launch of iDevices’ first product, iGrill, which is already up for a ‘Best of CES’ Innovator of the Year award,” said Christopher Allen, CEO, iDevices Inc. “iGrill is the first of an entire suite of home and lifestyle oriented products that iDevices will be developing in 2011 to enhance Apple products’ user experience.”
Available through Apple Stores & iGrill Site
Priced at $99.99, iGrill is available immediately through www.igrillinc.com and Apple Stores across North America. It comes with one iGrill probe and display equipped with long-range Bluetooth®, useful Apps, and 4 AA batteries. iGrill is the first in a line of products created by iDevices geared towards the Apple lifestyle
For more information, visit www.igrillinc.com phone: 1-888-WE-iGRILL(1-888-934-4745).
By easily downloading the FREE HT-Connect app on Apple iTunes, users can instantly connect to the AcuTouch™ 9500 to enjoy the ultimate massage and wellness experience at their fingertips, with such features as:
· Sixteen+ expertly designed massage programs that are constantly being added to HT-Connect, designed to fit each individual’s specific needs. This includes prescribed massage programs from Human Touch’s Wellness Council experts, including PGA Golfer Tim Clark, former NBA legend Bill Walton, fitness trainers, doctors of Chiropractic, massage therapists, and more.
· Limitless customization options allowing users to tailor their AcuTouch 9500 massage chair wirelessly, based on their own personal wellness needs.
· Instant access to wellness tips and expertise from the Human Touch® Wellness Council, who offer their expertise and advice on how to live better through regular massage, proper relaxation and other wellness practices.
· Quick and easy Espresso Shots that allow the user to point to specific pain points on their body using their wireless device to create a completely customized five-minute massage when in a hurry.
· Much more: built-in foot & calf massager, adjustable massage intensity, preset posture positions that remembers the individual’s settings for future use, dual-lumbar heat, and that’s only the beginning of what AcuTouch 9500/HT-Connect can do.
Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless 3G network, and ZTE USA, Inc., introduce the Verizon Wireless Salute™. Available today, the lightweight, slim slider phone offers up to 240 minutes of talk time and up to 220 hours of standby time on a single charge. It is a reliable handset with the most important features customers need in a single device, including a 1.3-megapixel camera, speakerphone and Bluetooth® headset support.
· Stylish slider design
· Large 2.4-inch screen
· 1.3-megapixel camera
· Mobile Web capable
· Messaging options include: text, picture and voice messaging; Mobile Email; Mobile Web Email; and Chat capable
· Bilingual interface: English/Español
· Micro USB 2.0 compatible
· Bluetooth® technology with support for the following Bluetooth profiles: headset, hands-free, phonebook access, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
· Media Center provides access to downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
· Social Beat application – offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook®, Twitter™ and MySpace®, plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
· Backup AssistantSM application – saves and updates a copy of the phone’s address book to a secure website
· VZ Navigator® capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
· Preloaded with Bing Search
Price and availability:
· The Salute is available today at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for $19.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.