Speakal, a company driven by its passion for sound, intelligent technology and innovative designs, is ecstatic to announce the BTS8, an office phone system that doubles as a personal computer. The integrated Windows 7 OS enables users to manage and record your phone calls, answer emails, and even video chat with the on board webcam via Skype. The 5” LCD display can be connected to an external monitor via VGA for enhanced visibility. Additional capabilities include fax receiving, SMS text messaging, media player, contacts management, and a calendar empowering the BTS8 to be the ultimate communications and multimedia powerhouse. You can even browse the web and reach your data remotely for optimal connectivity.
“BTS8 completely streamlines business communications and computing for the modern office” said CEO David Solomon. “Users are able to optimize connectivity and empower their phone with the advanced capabilities of Windows 7 while saving up to 90% of the power regularly used with a desktop PC” added Solomon.
MediaFriends today announced that its HeyWire™ real-time social messaging hub, which simplifies real-time communications for people around the world, is now available on the iPad via the App Store.
iPad users can now take advantage of the fastest and most reliable free text messaging (SMS) service for both local and international texting, while allowing for seamless social network interaction with friends through HeyTweets (Twitter via SMS), Facebook Chat, and GTalk. HeyWire, which adds unique messaging to the elegance of the iPad experience, is optimized with HD Graphics and works over Wi-Fi or 3G.
“We are very excited to be releasing HeyWire for iPad just in time to simplify messaging for new iPad owners this holiday season,” said MediaFriends CEO Meredith Flynn-Ripley. “With thousands of users already downloading HeyWire daily onto their iPhones and iPod Touches, we expect our service to find a special place on many iPads as well.”
HeyWire is a free download and is the only app-service that gives iPad users a real phone number to text for free with friends, family or business colleagues around the world on any mobile phone in 114 countries across 360 mobile operators. The service also works between HeyWire users reaching the far corners of the earth through HeyWire-To-HeyWire messaging. Since launch, millions of messages have been sent around the world via HeyWire at no cost to the user. The service’s popularity is in tune with a consumer shift towards a more simplified, connected lifestyle. HeyWire has been ranked a top Social Networking App on 58 iTunes App Stores worldwide and has made it to the CNET “download immediately” list.
The iPad is the latest device to join the HeyWire multi-screen platform that currently includes the iPhone/iPod Touch as well as a Browser-based offering. HeyWire will soon be available for Android.
Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced that the Samsung Zeal™, a dual-hinge messaging phone in a unique, flip-style format with an E Ink technology transforming the QWERTY keypad, will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Nov. 11.
Available color: Black
· Dual-hinge form factor with E Ink keyboard that changes based on the user’s needs
o Open it vertically as a flip phone and it has a traditional numeric keypad and can change to an alpha-only keypad
o In landscape, the phone features a QWERTY keypad that can change to numeric with symbols
· Corporate Email support for Microsoft Office Exchange so customers can synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from their office e-mail
· 2.0 megapixel camera with night and panorama shot, auto focus and camcorder
· Bluetooth® technology with support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, basic print, basic imaging, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
· Social Beat Widget – Offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook®, Twitter™ and MySpace™ plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
· VZ Navigator® capable – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
· Media Center – Access downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
· Skype mobile™ capable
· Mobile Web capable
· Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web Email
· microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB (card purchased separately)
· Personal organizer with calendar, calculator with currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
Price and availability:
· The Samsung Zeal will be available on Nov. 11 for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· Customers can purchase the Samsung Zeal beginning today at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or online at www.verizonwireless.com. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
Verizon Wireless today announced the launch of the Verizon Wireless Trade-In Program, which allows customers from any wireless carrier to get value from no-longer-used wireless devices and help the environment at the same time.
Customers who participate in the Trade-In Program will submit their devices for appraisal online at www.trade-in.vzw.com and receive a postage-paid envelope to mail in the devices. In exchange for trading in their devices, customers may receive a Verizon Wireless gift card by mail. The amount of the gift card will be based on the make, model and condition of the device and can be used toward the purchase of phones and accessories or to pay Verizon Wireless bills. Devices that have no appraised value can still be sent in for recycling.
Individuals can also donate their no-longer-used cell phones to the long-running HopeLine® from Verizon program, which collects devices and accessories to benefit victims of domestic violence. The used phones are either refurbished for reuse or recycled. Learn more at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnkDUsmkQlk.
“The Verizon Wireless Trade-In Program is yet another way we’re putting the power to help preserve the planet in customers’ hands,” said Greg Haller, vice president of consumer solutions for Verizon Wireless. “The Trade-In Program, combined with our long-standing HopeLine initiative to benefit victims of domestic violence, gives individuals options for disposing of their used devices that benefit both the environment and our communities.”
Since the October 2001 launch of the HopeLine cell phone recycling program, HopeLine from Verizon has collected more than 7 million phones, distributed more than 90,000 phones with free wireless service to victims of domestic violence, and awarded cash grants of more than $7.9 million to organizations working to prevent domestic violence. HopeLine from Verizon has properly disposed of nearly 1.6 million no-longer-used wireless phones and kept more than 200 tons of electronic waste and batteries out of landfills.
For more information about the Verizon Wireless Trade-In Program, visit www.trade-in.vzw.com. To learn more about HopeLine from Verizon, go to www.verizonwireless.com/hopeline, and visit http://aboutus.vzw.com/Green_Initiative/overview.html to read more about Verizon Wireless’ other green initiatives.
ine2, one of the most popular apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, allows you to make calls on your iPhone when you don’t have cell service. It’s the first and only truly dual-mode VoIP/cellular calling app for the iPhone, meaning that among other features, customers can place and receive calls over Wi-Fi or over cellular using the same number. In addition Line2 can turn your iPod Touch or iPad into a fully functional mobile phone.
Not only does Line2 turn the iPod Touch in a fully functional phone, it also adds office phone features like auto-attendant (“Press 1 for…”), call screening, caller-specific call forwarding, after-hours settings, voicemail by email, and PC-based calling. What’s more, the quality of calls placed over Line2’s Wi-Fi is even better than what you get over traditional cellular. Don’t forget that Wi-Fi calls between two Line2 customers use 16-kHz HD audio for crystal clear sound quality that is stunning to experience.
Line2’s VoIP capabilities via Wi-Fi allow international travelers to place and receive calls while overseas without incurring voice or data roaming charges. This means that your iPod Touch can make calls to any number back home in the U.S. or Canada free, as well as calls to other Line2 users, wherever they are worldwide.
Line2 has earned such as honors as the PCMag.com Editors’ Choice Award, was named one of the 101 Best Apps by PC World, and was named one of the top 100 most brilliant ideas of 2010 by Entrepreneur.
Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless 3G network, and ZTE USA, Inc., introduce the Verizon Wireless Salute™. Available today, the lightweight, slim slider phone offers up to 240 minutes of talk time and up to 220 hours of standby time on a single charge. It is a reliable handset with the most important features customers need in a single device, including a 1.3-megapixel camera, speakerphone and Bluetooth® headset support.
· Stylish slider design
· Large 2.4-inch screen
· 1.3-megapixel camera
· Mobile Web capable
· Messaging options include: text, picture and voice messaging; Mobile Email; Mobile Web Email; and Chat capable
· Bilingual interface: English/Español
· Micro USB 2.0 compatible
· Bluetooth® technology with support for the following Bluetooth profiles: headset, hands-free, phonebook access, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
· Media Center provides access to downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
· Social Beat application – offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook®, Twitter™ and MySpace®, plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
· Backup AssistantSM application – saves and updates a copy of the phone’s address book to a secure website
· VZ Navigator® capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
· Preloaded with Bing Search
Price and availability:
· The Salute is available today at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for $19.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
Evolving from a garage prototype into an industry leader in smartphone protection, OtterBox™ announces six new cases to complement the customer and their device. Now revealing OtterBox Commuter Series™ cases for the LG Ally™, LG GW620 smartphone, HTC Imagio™, Nokia X6 and Samsung Moment™, as well as a Defender Series™ case for the HTC Hero.
Commuter Series cases combine features from the Defender Series and Impact Series™ lines resulting in a hybrid design that is both sturdy and stylish. Whether you have an LG, HTC, Nokia or Samsung device, the Commuter Series offers protection in three layers. First, a silicone skin wraps around the device giving it a grip for the user and extra shock absorption for the device. Second, a polycarbonate shell snaps around silicone covering the back and sides of the device and allowing it to slide in and out of any pocket or bag. Lastly, all Commuter Series cases come with a self-adhering screen film to prevent scratches.*
The Defender Series is the perfect sidekick for your HTC Hero; fighting against bump, shock, drop and dust, this rugged case can do it all. OtterBox designed the Defender Series for those rough and tumble days. This rugged series encases the device in a polycarbonate shell with a silicone overlay to give the case grip and prevent dropping. This Defender Series case also comes with a ratcheting belt-clip to ensure the Hero can go all over.**
“The OtterBox Commuter Series and Defender Series offer two different options for great protection,” says OtterBox CEO and founder, Curt Richardson. “No matter which line you choose, you are still investing in protection for your device and that is the most important part.”
Add variety to your life with different levels of smartphone protection from OtterBox. No matter what your day demands, OtterBox has you covered!
Cisco today revealed its Cius, as in “See Us”, tablet running the Android operating system. In a direct shot over Apple’s iPad bow, Cius comes in a bit smaller with its 7″ diagonal screen. Equipped with HD video (720p), all flavors of 802.11 Wi-Fi, 3G data, with 4G promised, and Bluetooth 3.0, Cisco has Apple beat in the connectivity realm. Add the Micro USB connector and the ability to dock the unit to the Cisco TelePresence with 10/100/1000 wired connectivity adding “lifelike” video conferencing and VoIP phone calls, Cius expands even further in capability. All Cisco software products, such as AnyConnect Security VPN Client, WebEx Connect, WebEx Meeting Center, and Cisco Presence will be available for use on the Android-based unit. Cisco did not give details to which version of Android would be running on the tablet. Full access to the Android Marketplace will be available. A detachabel and serviceable 8-hour battery is also included. No pricing or release dates were given. Cisco expects to ship sometime in the first quarter of 2011.
Today, the companies announced the Pantech Jest™, a new feature phone by Personal Communications Devices, LLC, is available online today. Ideal for staying connected in style, this sassy slider allows customers to manage ringtones, wallpapers and games from personal networks.
· 2.6” 262K color TFT display
· Self Icon personalization to create icons and banners and display an electronic sign on your phone display
· Optical directional key with swipe motion technology
· Built-in 2.0-megapixel camera takes high-quality pictures and records video
· Text, picture, video and voice messaging
· Mobile IM and Chat for quick text conversations
· Social Beat pre-loaded for direct connections to Facebook®, MySpace® and Twitter™
· Media Center – Download ringtones, wallpapers and games from your network to your phone
· VZ Navigator® for detailed maps in real time with audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest in the United States
· V CAST Music with Rhapsody® (subscription and PC downloads) digital music service. Download soundtracks and albums or sync playlists with a PC
· Mobile Web browsing capabilities for news, sports, weather and e-mail, providing access to up-to-date information when users subscribe to Internet service
· Stereo Bluetooth® technology for wireless connections between electronic devices; connects to Bluetooth-enabled headsets and hands-free systems
Pricing and availability:
· The Jest is available online at www.verizonwireless.com today for free through a special online promotion. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning July 5 for $69.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
For most of us, it’s a given that we sometimes drive off and forget our cell phone, leaving it at home, at the coffee shop, or at work. It is a frustrating fact of life and, when it happens, we have to turn around and get it or live without our phone for the day. With the launch of a new product called Bringrr, today the chances of forgetting or losing your cell phone have been greatly reduced.
Bringrr is an amazingly simple product that provides you with the reassurance that you have your cell phone with you or with a reminder that you left it behind. It works in any car and with any phone that has Bluetooth capabilities. All you have to do is plug it into your car’s power port or lighter outlet and pair it with your cell phone. Once the car has started, Bringrr searches for your cell phone to confirm that it is in the car. If the phone is found, Bringrr sends out a short, reassuring auditory confirmation and its light will turn blue. If your cell phone is not detected, Bringrr will send out an auditory warning and its light will turn red.
Cell phones are an increasingly integral part of our lives, used not only for calls but for everything from e-mail to social networking to GPS to photography. That’s not to mention the tens of thousand of applications available for smart phones. Surveys show that 80 percent of consumers admit that occasionally forgetting their phone is a problem. Thirty percent of consumers said they would pay $30 to solve that problem, ensuring that the “phone reminder” accessory category, represented by Bringrr, will be a growing one.
“In today’s fast-paced mobile lifestyle, leaving your cell phone behind is something that everyone can relate to, particularly me,” commented Rob Enderle, president and principal analyst of the Enderle Group. “Bringrr has developed a simple device that gives its users an added safety net, helping to assure their critical cell phone is with them when they drive away. This is one of the few technologies that actually provides me (and possibly a CEO who runs a company named after a fruit) with one less thing to worry about; a forgotten phone.”
· Works with any Bluetooth-enabled phone
· Works with any vehicle that has a lighter outlet or car power port
· Includes auditory and visual functions that either confirm or deny the presence of your phone in the vehicle
· Doesn’t require additional software on your phone
· Has a one-time setup and easy pairing process
· Offers an optional power port that can charge your phone
Pricing and Availability
Bringrr will be available in mid-July 2010 at www.bringrr.com. MSRP is US$35.