WritePad and new iPad users can be excited about today’s update to PhatWare’s note taking prowess app for Apple’s latest tablet. Updated to take full advantage of the Retina display, WritePad will capture your handwriting and convert it to text like never before. Your input will look and feel more accurate than before with the WritePad 6.2. Taking notes and using such improved features such as the magnifying glass will reveal the amazing resolution of the new iPad before your eyes. The update is free and the details are below.
PhatWare Releases WritePad Optimized for iPad’s New Retina Display
New version of popular note-taking and handwriting recognition software for iPads has been optimized for new iPad’s retina display and features improvements in handwriting recognition quality.
Spokane, WA – March 28, 2012 – PhatWare Corporation announces today the immediate availability of WritePad 6.2 for iPad, optimized for the new iPad’s Retina screen and providing even better handwriting recognition quality. WritePad also now features an improved magnifying glass/text selection feature and better digital ink rendering.
WritePad is an advanced note-taker for iOS which converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be sent via email, tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other iPhone resources.
WritePad supports handwriting recognition in 11 languages, including Danish, Dutch, English (UK and US), Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish. Additionally, application’s user interface has been localized to 7 languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
With WritePad, users can:
· Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
· Improve productivity by using inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
· Improve overall handwriting recognition quality using WritePad’s Statistical Analyzer, which addresses common recognition errors. When enabled, this WritePad feature learns and adapts to the user’s own handwriting style.
· Email, Tweet, print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad
· Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes, or upload documents to Google Docs.
· Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator.
· Change WritePad’s appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.
WritePad Availability and Pricing
WritePad 6.2 for iPad is available now and can be purchased via the iTunes App Store for $9.99. The price includes handwriting recognition in a language of the user’s choice. Support for additional languages can be purchased in-app for just $2.99 per language. The US English Medical dictionary is also available for WritePad 6.2 for $4.99. WritePad for iPhone is also available and is sold separately for $3.99. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare’s web site at http://www.phatware.com/writepad.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher®, PenOffice®, PhatNotes™, PhatPad™, WritePad™, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.